The Middle Georgia Chapter of Ikebana International has beautiful Ikebana Japanese Flower Arranging Exhibits in two locations for your enjoyment.
Woodruff House Mansion on Coleman Hill
- March 20-28
- Share in the beauty of the home and warmth and beauty of these arrangements
- Admission $5.00 and hours are 9:30-4:30, no Sundays
- Enjoy the amazing style, color, feeling and joy of these beautiful arrangements displayed for us.
Central City Park
- Central City Park has the honor of displaying the creations of the Middle Georgia Chapter of Ikebana International in the Historic Round Building.
- These arrangements are on exhibit March 20-29, from 11am-8 pm.
Ikebana aims not at bringing a finite piece of nature into the house, but rather at suggesting the whole of nature, by creating a link between the indoors and outdoors. This is why the arrangers are likely to use several different types of plants in a single arrangement, and to give prominence to leaves and flowerless branches as well as blossoms. Even when a single type of flower is used, an attempt is made to bring its full implications as a symbol of nature.
Learn more about Ikebana International here: http://bit.ly/1MlYYDW